Saturday, June 5, 2010

Meaningful pseudonyms

So there was a church event tonight and I had a chance to chat with a friend that I haven't chatted with in a while. We talked about a mutual friend (isn't she great?) and I mentioned having chatted with her on Facebook. Oh, said my friend, I'm a little nervous about joining that.

I said, you don't have to join using your real name! I'm on there with my real name and a psuedonym. So I told her my pseudonym--it's my name on this blog, and on the Facebook and Twitter accounts that go along with it--Hira Animfefte. My friend is Greek, so I didn't need to translate. She laughed.

I said, Hey, it's what I am! I embrace it! The unwedded widow.

I love having a title. Not just a label. A title. It's a badge of honor.

3 comments:

  1. I think that you were led to write this blog. You have such a beautiful way of expressing your love, your grief, your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. badge, branded in forever now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Set me as a seal upon your arm ... The badge of love is seared upon our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! :)